Klamath county drought declaration by Governor Brown, March 2020.
Capitol Press reports that Governor Brown has declared drought for Klamath county 4 March 2020.
Preparation and timely response to drought are vital to the safety of persons, property, and the economic security of the citizens and businesses of Klamath County. Below are different information resources on drought, water supply, and climate outlooks.
- USDA monitors drought and assists farmers and ranchers with implementing voluntary conservation practices that help alleviate the drought's effects. View USDA Drought announcements and 2020 Drought Disaster Updates.
- Klamath county has drought information.
- Watch a recording of the 24 February 2020 Pacific Northwest-Drought Early Warning System (PNW-DEWS) webinar by the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS). The next PNW-DEWS webinar will be on 27 April 2020, register for this webinar here.
- Register for the monthly water supply briefly by NOAA/NWS Northwest River Forecast Center here.
- Drought maps are updated weekly.
- Additional resources to help monitor drought and report impacts of drought can be found on the Hubs Drought Resources site.