National Climate Assessment: Southeast Chapter Evening Engagement Workshop [REGISTER HERE]
The National Climate Assessment is a Congressionally mandated quadrennial report led by the U.S. Global Change Research Program (USGCRP). The report evaluates how climate change affects people and places in the United States.
To inform development of the fifth National Climate Assessment, USGCRP and the author teams will be hosting a series of virtual public engagement workshops in January and February 2022. The purpose of the public engagement workshops is to:
- Provide an overview of USGCRP and the National Climate Assessment development process, including other opportunities for public engagement
- Allow members of the public and assessment authors an opportunity to discuss proposed key topics, identify priority issues relevant to the chapter, and share resources
- Give NCA chapter authors an understanding of how workshop participants use assessments, and what could be done to make the NCA more useful for decision-making
The workshop will include a plenary session that provides an overview of the assessment and an introduction to the chapter. In breakout sessions, participants will have the opportunity to discuss the chapter’s key topics and their own priorities with chapter authors. The information gathered in this workshop will help authors decide which topics to cover in their chapter of the report.
For more information on the Fifth National Climate Assessment and for a complete schedule of engagement workshops, please visit the USGCRP website at https://www.globalchange.gov/nca5.
- Given technical limitations, only the first 250 individuals to join the meeting will be able to participate. A link to attend the meeting, accessibility information, and other important details will be provided before the workshop via email.
- The Southeast Chapter is offering two workshops: one longer daytime session, and one shorter evening session. If you are interested in the daytime session instead, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-climate-assessment-southeast-chapter-daytime-engagement-workshop-registration-209873406007